Hello E-Trenders - check out this quick, easy and delicious recipe for loaded red skin potato soup (Angela's little bowl of comfort)!
Why not whip up this soup for dinner or double the recipe and serve it in a crock pot the next time you invite guests over on a cold winter evening!
Chilly? Let's warm up...
1 3lb Bag of Baby Red Skin Potatoes
1 26 oz. Family size can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup
3-4 Sliced Green Onions
1- 1 ½ Cup Cooked Crumbled Bacon (or Turkey Bacon)
1 Teaspoon of Chopped Garlic
2/3 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Prep time about 20 minutes to a half hour, simmer your soup on low while adding and stirring your ingredients!
- Rinse potatoes in cold water
- Poke holes or slits in potatoes with a sharp knife
- Heat the potatoes in microwave for 10-14 minutes to soften *microwave oven settings will vary
While potatoes are in the microwave:
- Open Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and place whole can into a 3 quart are larger pot
- Add one can of water or use milk for thicker soup
- Set soup to a low simmer on stove top
- Stir for about a minute
Add sliced green onions and chopped garlic to soup and continue to stir on low simmer until well mixed.
ET Tip ~ if you find your soup sticking to the bottom or side of your pot, turn your burner lower and continue to simmer and stir
Garnish with fresh parsley and a spoon, serve and enjoy! You can also serve this soup in a bread bowl.
Are you an E-Trender? Subscribe to the EventTrender Blog here.
Simply add your email address to the upper right corner of our blog and you will be the first to receive our updated blog posts filled with entertaining inspiration. We hope to see you soon.
Find us on facebook!