Passion ~ any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling.
Our passion is what inspires us to dream, reach new heights and explore endless possibilities. EventTrender is the result of two gals filled with passion and love for what they do!
A few months ago, Sue and I were inspired by a woman we met named Sandy Smith. Sandy had worked in the medical industry for many years and finally decided to follow her dreams and open up a boutique called Vintiques in Utica, Michigan.
The feel of the boutique as Sandy describes is "French Flea Market Glam". Inside, you will find collectibles, and unique decor items hand picked by Sandy because she fell in love with each treasure and just had to have it in her shop.
Sandy scours flea markets, estate sales, and thrift shops throughout the country in search of relevant pieces to share with shoppers in her unique boutique.
Recently, Sandy asked Sue and I to come in and use our styling skills to create an EventTrender tablescape in the center of the boutique. We decided to create a "Tea Time" scape showcasing ornate and beautiful silver pieces, tea cups and saucers, vintage clocks, frames, and trays we hand selected from her boutique collection.
We started with Sue's beautiful black and white linen (purchased at Homegoods) and selected some pretty turquoise decor elements from around the store which adds a splash of color. This hand painted serving tray provided a bit of inspiration for the tablescape!
- The linen and lace vintage placemats are placed vertically on the table which adds an additional fabric layer.
- Adding a decorative lamp creates ambiance and mood lighting – this lamp was one of our inspiration pieces.
- Utilize empty frames to outline elements within the tablescape, this draws attention to the focal point on your table.
- Place-settings do not always have to match, use mix-matched vintage (flea-market glam) teacups and plates. Why not try a whimsical approach using a variety of patterns, sizes and colors?
- We love Sandy's vintage silver clocks that actually tick! This fab Vintiques find adds relevance to the tablescape.
- The tall glass containers are typically used for candy however adding something unexpected such as a handful of old postcards or a favorite compact collection is a welcoming surprise.
- Notice the hanging frame on the wall behind the tablescape? We added another small frame inside to create depth and a contrast of color.
Stay tuned E-Trenders - we will also be designing Vintiques storefront displays incorporating some of Sandy's charming furniture pieces and other home decor elements intriguing window shoppers to come in and seek out their own treasures.
All things old, tattered, worn and once loved....loved again in a tiny antique & vintage shop, "Vintiques". The journey to the dream.
Vintiques is a great place to find unique pieces for your home and for entertaining! Sandy has a great eye when it comes to selecting stunning decor pieces. Some of the treasures you will find at Vintiques are vintage clocks & silver, antique French glam mirrors, picture frames, serving pieces, and much more! Sandy also has an Esty shop called Belle Brocante. If you don't live in the area and want to shop online for Vintique finds. Check out her Etsy shop here and have fun shopping for your very own treasure!
The winner of the Farmers' Market post is...
Congrats to the lucky bolga basket winner and thank you for all the wonderful Farmers' Market comments! We recieved thousands of pageviews!